“Beware creating alone—join an art class!”
I am teaching two classes here in Concord this spring, one in May and a follow-up one in June, and I would love to have you there to enjoy the gorgeous weather and laughter that are sure to fill our morning.
The class will be held on Saturday May 19th at Kimball Jenkins School of Art, a beautiful estate right here in Concord with easy access to I-93. If you are not glued to the television watching the Royal Wedding, you should definitely come play with us. Class is $45 for three hours, 9am-12noon. Here is the description:
“What if you could see the world through fresh enthusiastic eyes?
The humble sketchbook is the perfect tool for experimentation and discovery. Here you can sharpen your eyesight, open your heart, and uncover confidence beyond your imagination. If you are a beginner or wish to acquire fearless sketching enthusiasm, this is the class for you.
In this class we will:
– explore the work of contemporary sketchbook masters from around the world
– observe demos in person and online, followed by time spent drawing together
– learn composition basics and explore the potential of your sketching tools
– discover ways to explore seeing /drawing as meditation
Handouts will include descriptions of the class exercises and online resources to explore at home.
Materials to bring:
– a sketchbook with heavy-weight paper (90#/190gsm or more) “Mixed Media” is good
– a small watercolor travel set with brush (humble is fine) and a pen
– water bottle, small cup, paper towels, a snack, an open mind, and a willingness to be amazed at yourself!”
Here is the link where you need to register in advance: A Sketchbook Visual Journey
In the meantime, if you would like to join a small band of merry artists who indulge in improvisational sketch crawls, check out my Facebook Group, Drawing Attention NH. If you think Facebook is scary these days, you should see some of our drawings!
Hope to see you there… or there!